Sunday, September 6, 2009

This is NOT my typically Blog entry!

 This is disclaimer for all those reading my blog for the first time. THIS IS NOT A TYPICAL ENTRY! This is just a story that was so funny that I had to share it. I hope you can laugh at it as much as I have :)


            I remember during my childhood my Grandfather always said, “College is the best time of your life, so enjoy it”. I took this advice to heart; I studied hard and graduated Magna Cum Laude and was the president of 3 organizations at my college. However, my weekends were filled with parties, concerts and “my boys” (my very best college friends). I left college with friends I know I will have for life. My friend Dain is the most honest, loyal and levelheaded person I know. I don’t know anyone else who will call me out when I am not being the best person I can be. There are few eligible strait men in the world that will go with you to a farmer’s market and truly enjoy it!
            My friend “Schmian” (who’s name has been changed for confidentialities sake) and I met on our first day at college. We were in the same orientation group and we bonded over our mutual love for Alkaline Trio (a Chicago band), our hate of torturous team building games and a shared sarcastic sense of humor.  “Schmian” and I have shared many good times together but he does have a very troublesome flaw; his bizarre sleep walking episodes.
            “Schmian” came to visit Peoria a few weeks ago from Chicago. The evening started innocently enough, Dain and I walked to the bar from his apartment to meet up with “Schmian” at a local pub.  Since college, I rarely drink more than a glass or two of wine nor do I go to many bars. I am the kind of girl that belongs to book clubs, running groups and I have a deep love the farmer’s market. A party girl I am not. I hate feeling being hung over and I dread crowded places. But on this evening I was feeling reminiscent. I had few martinis, the boys had a few beers and many college tales were shared. We met new friends in the pub and I decided to buy a round of shots for all of my old and new friends. When the 7 shots I ordered finally arrived, only the three of us remained at our table. We all took one shot but 4 still remained. Being the tree-hugging, frugal, environmentalist that I am I could simply not waste 4 shots. So I drank 3 and made “Schmian” drink the last one. The rest of the evening is kind of a blur. I could have blamed the poor choices that soon followed that night on the stress that I have been under for the last month. However, I honestly believe my drinking such a gratuitous amount was purely done out of stupidity. I was being an idiot.
            At some point, I found myself dancing on a stage to George Michael (in my defense I do dearly love George Michael) at a gar bar. I realized I was without my friends, but was in fact surrounded by hundreds of 40-year-old men yelling “YOU GO GIRL”! Soon after that I came to my senses, I hailed a cab and took it the two blocks back to Dain’s apartment where I met up with Dain and “Schmian”. We stayed up late laughing about what a crazy night it had been and then fell asleep. Dain slept on the floor, “Schmian” on a couch and I (the princess that I am slept on the blow up bed).
            A few hours into the night, I awoke on my air mattress to the feeling of something dripping. I laid there for a moment trying to figure out what it was. Was it leak in the roof? Had I knocked over a glass of water? Unfortunately, all these guesses were wrong. I realized it was “Schmian” peeing on my head! Horrified, I jumped up and started to scream!  When the boys awoke they were angry with me for making such a ruckus and said I was being too over dramatic and my response was “HE JUST PEED ON MY HEAD!” Soon after that, I took a shower that lasted around 2 hours. Periodically, Dain would knock gingerly on the door to ask if I was okay and I would respond with “I’m FINE and LEAVE ME ALONE!” After my very long shower, I was coherent enough to go home.
            A few hours later, I received an apologetic phone call from “Schmian” for his sleepwalking mistake. He felt so terrible he offered to single handedly move me out of my apartment (I am moving at the end of the month) and presented his indentured servertrey for life. I figure sharing this story for the entire Internet world to see makes us even. I realize now that despite “Schmian’s” accident we are all still friends and although I am slightly traumatized I love them dearly. And on the bright side, the following day my hair was the shiniest it had ever been.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I heard you tell this story, and I think I laughed even harder reading it.

    If it makes you feel any better, the ancient Romans used urine to wash their clothes. Apparently it has a high ammonia content.

    Does that help?

    ReplyDelete